On the evening of October 26, 1985, Plymouth State College held its first Athletic Hall of Fame induction banquet. Five of the school's most influential sports personalities were honored by a special committee with selection as charter members to the Hall of Fame. The inaugural banquet was a resounding success, and subsequently the Hall of Fame banquet has become an annual highlight of the Plymouth State sports calendar.
The PSU Athletics Hall of Fame was established in 1985 to provide a means to recognize the efforts and achievements of various athletes, coaches, teams and contributors to Plymouth State University athletics while reinforcing a sense of history and tradition.
The selection committee meets every June to consider all nominations for induction into the Hall of Fame. The committee is chaired by the Assistant Director of Communication for Athletics and also includes the Director of Athletics, Associate Director of Athletics, all Assistant Directors of Athletics and a select Plymouth State alum with a knowledge and interest in intercollegiate athletics.
Criteria for Induction
- Individuals to be considered on the basis of undergraduate athletic achievement must:
- be a graduate of PTC, PSC or PSU
- have a nomination submitted on their behalf
- have waited seven (7) years since the completion of their athletic eligibility and graduating class
- have participated for at least two years on one or more varsity teams
- have represented Plymouth State in a positive fashion both as an undergraduate and as an alumnus
- Coaches, administrators and special supports of Plymouth State athletics are also eligible for induction if they have:
- a nomination submitted on their behalf detailing the special nature of their contributions to Plymouth State athletics
- conducted themselves in a fashion such as to bring credit to Plymouth State for a minimum of five years
- Respected Plymouth State alumni who bring favor to their alma mater by achieving success in their areas relating to athletics as alumni are eligible for induction consideration seven (7) years after their graduation providing that the selection committee receives appropriate nominations detailing the candidates’ achievements as alumni.
- Deceased contributors to Plymouth State athletics are eligible for induction.
- Persons currently coaching or on staff at Plymouth State will not be considered if the primary rationale for that consideration revolves around their coaching accomplishments while at Plymouth State.
- An athletic team shall be eligible for induction as a unit and shall not prohibit the separate induction of one or more of its members. If a team is inducted the Hall of Fame committee shall select a representative to accept the award.
How to Nominate
Fill out the online form found here.