Krajewski drives in lone run for Panthers
NORTHBORO, Mass. – The Framingham State University baseball team received six solid innings from junior Al Wallach (Nahant, Mass.) as the Rams defeated Plymouth State University 3-1 Tuesday afternoon in non-conference action at the New England Baseball Complex.
With the win, the Rams even their season mark at 1-1, while Plymouth is now 0-1.
Wallach earned the victory in his first start of the year allowing just one unearned run on four hits while striking out nine. Junior Mike Andrews (Stoneham, Mass.), sophomore Kevin Connelly (Bolton, Mass.) and junior Chris Riga (Westfield, Mass.) each tossed an inning of scoreless relief.
NCAA College Baseball
at New England Baseball Complex, Northboro, Mass. – Tuesday, March 7, 2017
Framingham State 3, Plymouth State 1
Records: PSU 0-1; FRA 1-1
* The Rams took the lead for good in the bottom of the first inning on a two run homerun to left off the bat of sophomore Jordan Pallazola (Rockport, Mass.). Junior Kyle Pileski (Bristol, Conn.) had reached earlier in the inning on a single up the middle.
* Plymouth State pushed across an unearned run in the top of the third inning to cut the Rams' lead to 2-1. Sophomore Ryan Richard (Berlin, N.H.) singled and moved to second on a failed pickoff attempt. After a pair of outs, senior Jarek Krajewski (Cranston, R.I.) delivered an RBI double to left for the Panthers only run of the game.
* The Rams added an insurance run in the bottom of the fifth inning. Sophomore Kyle Lippert (Carlsbad, Calif.) reached on an infield single and moved to second on a failed pickoff attempt. Lippert then took advantage of a pair of wild pitches to move to third and score.
* Sophomore David Sampson (Bellingham, Mass.) took the loss for the Panthers going five innings and allowing three runs, two earned, on four hits with seven strikeouts. Junior Taylor Doyle (Peterborough, NH) tossed three scoreless innings of relief with five strikeouts.
* The Rams are back in action Saturday afternoon at the RussMatt Central Florida Invitational when they face Western New England at 4 p.m., while the Panthers are tentatively scheduled to face New England College on Monday in Rindge, N.H.
(Courtesy of Framingham State Sports Information)
-- 30 --