Plymouth State Baseball reveals 2020 schedule
PLYMOUTH, N.H. – The Plymouth State University baseball team has revealed its complete schedule for the 2020 season. The Panthers kick off the 34-game schedule, which includes 16-game Little East Conference (LEC) games, against Eastern Nazarene at the New England Baseball Complex in Northborough, Mass. on Feb. 25.
Leading the Charge:
- Clay Jenkins starts his 5th season as the Panthers' head coach. Under his leadership PSU has advanced to the LEC Tournament two out of his four seasons, while narrowly missing out on the postseason in 2017 and 2019. Last year Jenkins coached PSU's first-ever First Team All-American, recent graduate Josh Goulet, who earned the recognition from both the ABCA and D3baseball.com, while also becoming the first Panther to capture LEC Player of the Year honors.
- Tuesday, Feb. 25 vs. Eastern Nazarene (at NEBC, Northborough, Mass.) – Season opener
- Friday, Mar. 6 to Saturday, Mar. 14 – Spring trip to Fort Myers, Fla. for 11 games
- Saturday, Mar. 26 at WestConn – LEC opener
- Saturday, Apr. 4 vs. Eastern Connecticut – Home opener
- Friday, May. 1 vs. UMass Dartmouth – Senior Day
Strength of Schedule:
- The Panthers face four teams that appear in the D3baseball.com preseason poll released Jan. 21: #6 Southern Maine, #9 Babson, #14 Johns Hopkins and #16 UMass Boston.
- 10 home games at Parish Field
- 11 road games
- 11 games in Florida
- 2 neutral site games
- LEC Tournament (Double elimination) - Wednesday, May 6 - Saturday, May 9
- The Panthers went 14-23 last year, including a 5-11 mark in the Little East. PSU finished two games in back of the final playoff spot for the LEC Tournament.
- Second-seeded UMass Boston topped fifth-seeded UMass Dartmouth to claim the 2019 LEC baseball title. The Beacons finished third in the College World Series, falling to eventual national champion Chapman University.
- The top six teams at the end of the regular season qualify for the LEC Tournament hosted by the number one overall seed. The winner of the LEC tournament advances to the NCAA Regional Tournament.
Refer to athletics.plymouth.edu for the complete schedule.
– 30 –