Plymouth State Football releases 2019 schedule
PLYMOUTH, N.H. – The Plymouth State University football team has announced its complete schedule for the 2019 season. The Panthers kick off the ten-game schedule, which includes an eight-game Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) slate, on Saturday, Sept. 7.
Leading the Charge:
- Head coach Paul Castonia returns to the sidelines for his 17th season. A two-time MASCAC Champion's Choice Coach of the Year (2016, 2017), Castonia has led the Panthers to four postseason appearances, including trips to the NCAA Tournament in 2008 and 2017.
- Saturday, Sept. 7 at Castleton – Season opener
- Saturday, Sept. 14 vs. Maine Maritime – Home opener
- Saturday, Sept. 21 vs. Worcester State – MASCAC opener
- Saturday, Oct. 5 vs. Fitchburg State – Homecoming / NCAA Participant Recognition Day
- Saturday, Oct. 19 vs. Framingham State – Hall of Fame Game
- Saturday, Oct. 26 vs. Massachusetts Maritime – Senior Day
Strength of Schedule:
- Framingham State is the Panthers' lone opponent to hold any national ranking last fall, ending the season eighth in the East Region rankings and appearing in the Receiving Votes section of the final AFCA Coaches' Poll.
- Five home games at Currier Field
- Five road games
- PSU finished fourth in the MASCAC a year ago with a 5-3 mark, trailing Framingham State (7-1), WestConn (6-2) and Bridgewater State (6-2).
- Framingham has captured the outright crown seven of the last nine seasons, and finished tied with PSU for first place in 2017, but the Panthers have won each of the last two meetings.
- The regular season champion will earn the conference's automatic berth to the NCAA Tournament.
– 30 –