Bartolini scores first goal of the season to lead the Panthers
NEW HAMPTON, NH - Senior Nicole Burgess (Mexico, ME) scored two goals Saturday evening to lead Plymouth State University to a 3-1 victory over UMass Dartmouth in Little East Conference field hockey action at the New Hampton School field.
Panthers Freshman Keeley Bartolini (Topsham, ME) tallied her first goal of the season and an assist in the win. The Panthers are now 7-3 overall and 6-2 in conference play, while the Corsairs drop 4-9 overall and 3-6 in the LEC.
New Hampton School, New Hampton, NH. – Saturday, October 8, 2016
Plymouth State 3, UMass Dartmouth 1
PSU 7-3 (6-2 LEC); UMD 4-9 (3-6 LEC)
- The Corsairs scored the first goal of the game at the 10:51 mark against the Panthers when the ball was passed to the left side of the field and sophomore Mary Brown (Leicester, MA) shot it into the net for her fifth goal of the season.
- The Panthers tied the score in the first half at the 24:45 mark when the ball was assisted by freshman Keeley Bartolini (Topsham, ME) to senior Nicole Burgess (Mexico, ME) who slammed it into the net.
- The panthers took the lead at the 38:29 mark when senior Kendal Lariviere (Dover, NH) passed the ball through traffic to Burgess who had a clean shot at the net for her second goal of the game, twelfth goal of the season.
- Junior goalkeeper Alivia Bates (Pennsauken, NJ) made four saves in the Panther win.
- UMD goalkeeper sophomore Ariel St. Germaine (Wareham, MA) made four saves in the loss.
Plymouth State will travel to Keene State in conference action on Tuesday October 11th at 6:30pm. UMass Dartmouth will host Saint Joseph's (Me.) on Monday October 10th at 1:00pm.