Plymouth State Field Hockey releases 2019 schedule
PLYMOUTH, N.H. – The Plymouth State University field hockey team has announced its complete schedule for the 2019 season. The Panthers kick off the 17-game schedule, which includes a 12-game Little East Conference (LEC) slate, at the USM Invitational on Friday, Aug. 30.
Leading the Charge:
- Head coach Bonnie Lord enters her 20th year at the helm. Under her guidance the Panthers have qualified for the LEC Tournament 17 times, claimed three tournament titles, made three NCAA Tournament appearances and captured four ECAC championships.
- Friday, Aug. 30 vs. Johnson & Wales at USM Invitational – Season opener
- Saturday, Sept. 28 vs. Framingham State – Home opener
- Saturday, Sept. 14 at WestConn – LEC opener
- Saturday, Sept. 28 vs. Framingham State – Childhood Cancer Awareness Game
- Tuesday, Oct. 1 vs. Keene State – Rivalry game
- Monday, Oct. 28 at St. Joseph's (Maine)
- Saturday, Nov. 2 vs. Westfield State – Senior Day
Strength of Schedule:
- St. Joseph's of Maine is the Panthers' lone opponent to hold a national ranking at the end of last season, appearing the Receiving Votes section of the final NFHCA Coaches' Poll.
- Six home games at Kennedy Field at the New Hampton School
- Nine road games
- Two neutral site games
- USM Invitational – Aug. 30 & 31
- LEC Tournament – Nov. 5, 7 & 9
- PSU finished 5-7 in the conference last year, missing out on the postseason to break a program-record string of 11 straight years in the playoffs.
- Castleton, in its first season in the LEC, won the regular season title last fall, but Keene State pulled off a 2-1 upset in the championship game of the LEC Tournament.
- The winner of the eight-team LEC Tournament will earn the conference's automatic berth to the NCAA Tournament.
– 30 –