Plymouth State Men's Basketball reveals 2019-20 schedule
PLYMOUTH, N.H. – The Plymouth State University men's basketball team has revealed its complete schedule for the 2019-20 season. The Panthers kick off the 25-game schedule, which includes 16-game Little East Conference (LEC) games, at home against New England College on Saturday, Nov. 9.
Leading the Charge:
- Andrew Novick starts his ninth season as the Panthers' head coach. Under his leadership PSU has advanced to the LEC Tournament every season, highlighted by a fourth-place regular season finish in 2016-17, which earned the program its first home playoff game in eight years.
- Saturday, Nov. 9 vs. New England College – Season/Home opener
- Saturday, Dec. 7 vs. Rhode Island College – LEC opener
- Tuesday, Jan. 7 vs. Keene State – Rivalry game
- Saturday, Feb. 22 vs. UMass Boston – Senior Day
Strength of Schedule:
- The Panthers face three teams that were ranked within the New England region last season; Keene State (#6), Eastern Connecticut State (#8) and Gordon (#9).
- 13 home games at Foley Gymnasium
- 12 road games
- LEC Tournament – Feb. 25, 27 & 29
- The Panthers finished an even 13-13 last year, including a 7-9 mark in the Little East. PSU entered the LEC Tournament as the sixth seed, but fell to third-seeded UMass Dartmouth in the first round.
- Top-seeded Keene State held off second-seeded Eastern Connecticut by three points in the championship game last winter.
- The winner of the six-team LEC Tournament will earn the conference's automatic berth to the NCAA Tournament.
– 30 –