McGilvrey nets lone goal for Panthers
BEVERLY, Mass. – In the championship game of the inaugural Endicott Holiday Invitational on Sunday evening, the Endicott men's ice hockey team turned in a 5-1 victory over Plymouth State University at Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
Cam Bleck (Lake Forest, Ill.) scored twice for the gulls, while Jason Kalinowski (Stamford, Conn.), Logan Day (Seminole, Fla.), and Connor Costello (Nottingham, N.H.) all found the back of the net as well. Kalinowski's fourth goal of the season at the 9:17 mark of Endicott's three-goal first period stood up as the game-winner.
Senior Ian McGilvrey (Omaha, Neb.) netted the Panthers' lone goal of the night at 6:14 of the third when he punched home a loose puck inside the right post behind Endicott goaltender Kevin Aldridge (Birmingham, Mich.) after it trickled out through some traffic near the right face-off circle. Senior Dan Dupell (Collegeville, Pa.) and sophomore Ludvig Steenberg (Stockholm, Sweden) were credited with assists on the tally.
Aldridge finished his night in net for the Gulls with 42 saves to move his season record to 8-2-2 overall, while freshman Thierry Messervier (Montreal, Que.) stopped 38 shots in the loss (4-3-0).
at Bourque Arena, Beverly, Mass. – Sunday, Jan. 8, 2017
Endicott 4, Plymouth State 1
Records: PSU 7-5-1; Endicott 10-2-2
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott extended its program record winning streak to 10 straight games.
- The Gulls have outscored their opponents 51-14 during their 10-game winning streak, which has spanned from November 12, 2016 to January 8, 2017, including three shutouts.
- Endicott held Plymouth State scoreless on the power play over seven chances.
FOR THE FOES
- Chris Zuccaro (Hudson, N.H.) won a game-high 16 face-offs.
- McGilvrey's goal in the third period was his fourth of the season, while Dupell and Steenberg collected their ninth and seventh assists, respectively, on the year.
Endicott (10-2-2) hosts Stonehill College next Friday, January 13 at 4 PM. Plymouth St. (7-5-1) takes on UMass Dartmouth at home on Thursday, January 12 at 6 PM.
-- 30 --