Plymouth State Men's Lacrosse 2020 schedule now available
PLYMOUTH, N.H. – The Plymouth State University men's lacrosse schedule for 2020 is now available. The Panthers play a 15-game schedule, which includes nine Little East Conference (LEC) games, starting February 29 at the University of New England.
Leading the Charge:
- Mike Wilus was named Interim Head Coach following the retirement of Gordon Webb in late January. He served as an assistant with the team each of the last two seasons and helped guide the Panthers to the most conference wins in program history last spring. PSU advanced to the championship game of the LEC Tournament for just the second time, before falling to top-seeded Keene State in the title game.
- Saturday, Feb. 29 at University of New England – Season opener
- Saturday, Mar. 21 at Mass. Maritime – LEC opener
- Saturday, Mar. 28 vs. WestConn – Home opener
- Friday, Apr. 24 vs. UMass Dartmouth – Senior Day
Strength of Schedule:
- PSU squares off against six-time LEC defending champion Keene State, which appeared in the second round of last year's NCAA Tournament.
- 4 home games at Currier Field
- 11 road games
- LEC Tournament – Apr. 28, 30 & May 2
- The Panthers finished an even 8-8 last year and set a program record for LEC wins with a 6-2 mark. PSU entered the LEC Tournament as the second seed but fell to top-seeded Keene State in the championship game.
- After winning the LEC Tournament, Keene State appeared in the second round of the NCAA Tournament where the Owls were ousted by Williams College.
- The top six teams in the final league standings are awarded spots in the LEC Tournament, with the top two seeds earning first round byes. The winner of the LEC Tournament will earn the conference's automatic berth to the NCAA Tournament.
Refer to athletics.plymouth.edu for the complete schedule.
– 30 –