Panthers looking to regroup at RIC on Saturday
BEVERLY, Mass. – The Plymouth State University men's soccer team was held scoreless by Endicott College in a 4-0 non-conference setback at Hempstead Stadium on Tuesday evening.
Endicott controlled play throughout much of the contest, holding an 8-1 advantage in shots over the first 45 minutes to build a 2-0 lead. The hosts tacked on two second half tallies to account for the final score.
Plymouth State drops to 1-5-3 with the setback, while Endicott improves to 7-3-1.
Plymouth State 0, Endicott 4
Plymouth State (1-5-3)
How it Happened:
- Gabriel Chaves (Secaucus, N.J.) scored in the 17th minute off assists from Alex Vukstra (Hudson, Ohio) and Evan Couchot (Mason, Ohio). Couchot slipped a through ball up the left flank to Vuksta, who sent a back-post cross to Chaves for a one-timer.
- Couchot doubled the Endicott lead when he headed in a corner kick to the lower right corner of the net in the 31st minute.
- Couchot picked up his second goal of the game after converting a penalty kick in the 50th minute, and Chaves notched his second after putting home a rebound chance in the 68th minute.
- PSU's best opportunity came in the 59th minute on a header by sophomore Alyosha Westbrook (Los Angeles, Calif.), but the Gulls' keeper was able to make the save.
Inside the Numbers:
- Junior Linus Lindeberg (Stockholm, Sweden) made two stops in the first half, while junior Owen Caggiano (Sandwich, Mass.) recorded three saves in the second half.
- Lindeberg drops to 1-4-3 on the season.
- Endicott held an 18-5 advantage in shots and a 10-1 edge in corner kicks.
- PSU returns to Little East Conference action when it travels to Rhode Island College for a 1:00 p.m. match on Saturday (Oct. 12).
– 30 –