Bolden, Bartlett, Davies post individual victories to lead Panthers
PLYMOUTH, N.H. – The Plymouth State University men's track & field team finished runner-up out of five teams Saturday afternoon at the Panther Invitational held at the Davis Track.
Sophomore Isaiah Bolden (Dover, N.H.) led the Panthers with a pair of victories. He took first place in the long jump with a leap of 6.65 meters (21'10"), and crossed the finish line first in the 60 meter hurdles finals in 8.98 seconds (he ran an 8.78 in the preliminaries).
Sophomore Warren Bartlett (Loudon, N.H.) and freshman Derek Davies (Londonderry, N.H.) were also individual winners for PSU, with both reaching New England Division III Championships qualifying marks. Bartlett led a PSU 1-2-3 finish in the mile run, finishing with a time of 4:23.73, while Davies won the pole vault with a mark of 4.10 meters (13'5.25").
NCAA Division III Men's Track & Field
Plymouth State Panther Invitational – Saturday, Jan. 21, 2017
Davis Track, Plymouth, N.H.
Team Scores: Eastern Connecticut 110; Plymouth State 97; Colby-Sawyer 64, Regis 35, Lasell 18
MORE PSU HIGHLIGHTS
* Bartlett was followed in the mile run by sophomore Sam Brunnette (Newport, Vt.), who finished runner-up in a time of 4:27.52, and freshman Noah Byington (Hanscomb AFB, Mass.), who was third in 4:40.40.
* Freshman Eric Rosario (Methuen, Mass.) and senior Rob Mills (Plymouth, N.H.) finished 2-3 in the 400 meter dash in times of 52.48 and 53.93, respectively.
* Freshman Chris Parenteau (Thetford Center, Vt.) posted a solid third place in the 60 meter hurdles in a time of 9.43 seconds.
* PSU registered three third-place finishes in field events -- senior Sam Webber (Derry, N.H.) in the high jump (1.68m/5'6"), freshman Alex Van Vliet (Saybrook, Conn.) in the triple jump (12.06m/39'7"), and junior Spencer White (Campton, N.H.) in the weight throw (11.66m/38'3.25").
* The Panthers also captured first place in both relay races. The team of freshman Chenet Guerrier (Burlington, Mass.), Rosario, Davies and Bolden took the 4x200 meters in 1:35.17, and the contingent of Bartlett, Byington, junior Brendan Polichronopoulos (Penacook, N.H.), and Brunnette breezed to a victory in the 4x800 meters in 8:22.02.
* The Panthers return to the track next Saturday, Jan. 28, at the Tufts Stampede (10:00 a.m.) in Medford, Mass.
-- 30 --