Bartlett, Brunnette, Rosario represent Panthers against strong field
Sophomores Warren Bartlett (Loudon, N.H.) and Sam Brunnette (Newport, Vt.) and freshman Eric Rosario (Methuen, Mass.) led the Panthers for the second straight week, each posting marks that meet the New England Division III qualifying standards. Bartlett and Brunnette were standouts in the mile run and Rosario was impressive in the 400 meter dash.
The non-scoring event featured many school across all three divisions, including Dartmouth, the Universities of Vermont and Maine, Bentley University, Assumption College, Williams College, and others.
NCAA Men's Track & Field
Dartmouth Indoor Classic, at Leverone Field House, Hanover, N.H. – Saturday, Feb. 4, 2017
Team Scores: No Team Scoring
* Bartlett and Brunnette were the top two Division III runners among the 43 entries in the mile, finishing fourth and sixth, respectively. Bartlett finished the race in 4:17.30 and Brunnette in 4:19.67, the top two times among Little East Conference runners this season. Bartlett's school-record time ranks 22nd nationally among Division III runners this season, and second among sophomores, and Brunnette ranks 38th overall and seventh among sophomores. Dartmouth's Reed Horton won the race in 4:14.29.
* Bartlett's time in the mile breaks the Plymouth State indoor record set in the late 1970s by former All-American Dave Severance (4:18.2)
* Rosario finished in eighth place among 41 sprinters in the 400 meters, with senior Rob Mills (Plymouth, N.H.) not far behind in 12th. Rosario's time of 51.61 seconds is a new PSU indoor school record and ranks eighth in the Little East Conference this winter and fifth among freshman, while Mills' time ranks 19th.
* Sophomore Isaiah Bolden (Dover, N.H.) turned in solid performances in the 60 meter dash and the 60 meter hurdles. He took 12th place among 60 sprinters in the 60 meter dash, including fifth among Division III runners, in a time of 7.24 seconds, and finished 14th overall and seventh among freshman in the hurdles in 9.04 seconds.
* Bolden is currently ranked second in the Little East Conference in the long jump, fourth in the hurdles and 11th in the 60.
* Other top efforts on the track for the Panthers included sophomore Kyle Saunders (Hudson, N.H.) finishing 13th overall and sixth among Division III runners in the 500 meters (1:10.37), and freshman Noah Byington (Hanscomb AFB, Mass.) placing 14th overall and fifth among DIII runners in the 800 meters (personal-best 2:01.83).
* Plymouth State's top 4x400 relay team finished fifth out of 16 teams, as the contingent of Mills, junior Brendan Polichronopoulos (Penacook, N.H.), freshman Derek Davies (Londonderry, N.H.) and Rosario ran the race in a school-record time of 3:30.58.
* Davies and freshman Alex Van Vliet (Saybrook, Conn.) posted the top finishes for the Panthers in field events. Davies took eighth place in the pole vault with a mark of 4.05 meters (13'3.5") while Van Vliet was eighth in the triple jump with a personal-best mark of 12.29 meters (40'4").
* The Panthers are set to compete in the Little East Conference Championships and the New England Alliance Championships next Saturday, Feb. 11, at the University of Southern Maine in Gorham, beginning at 11:00 a.m.
-- 30 --