Einarsdottir tops Panthers with 11th place in women's event
LYME, N.H. – Sophomore Freydis Einarsdottir (Gardabaer, Iceland) turned in another strong performance Friday to lead the Plymouth State University alpine ski teams in the giant slalom at the Dartmouth College Winter Carnival at the Dartmouth Skiway.
Einarsdottir placed 11th out of nearly 80 skiers to lead the Panthers in the women's race. She finished in the top 11 for the third straight giant slalom race, and the fifth time in seven alpine races this winter. She helped the Panther women to a seventh place finish among 13 schools in the team standings.
Freshman Karl Kuus (Toronto, Ont.) had the top performance for the Panther men's squad, placing 30th. PSU had four skiers place in the top 50, but finished 11th out of 13 schools in the team standings.
Eastern Intercollegiate Ski Association (EISA) Giant Slalom
Dartmouth College Carnival, Dartmouth Skiway, Lyme, N.H. – Friday, Feb. 10, 2017
Plymouth State Men – 11th of 13 Teams; Plymouth State Women – 7th of 13 Teams
MEN'S 1) UVM 124 2) MID 114 3) DAR 112 4) WIL 67 4) SMC 67 6) CBC 62 7) SLU 60 8) UNH 58 9) BC 48 10) CSC 42 11) PSU 38 12) BAT 15
WOMEN'S 1) DAR 122 2) UVM 110 3) MID 97 4) SMC 83 5) UNH 74 6) CBC 69 7) PSU 63 8) BAT 60 9) WIL 39 10) CSC 33 11) SLU 27 12) HAR 9
* Einarsdottir was consistent on Friday, placing 10th on her first run and 11th on her second attempt.
* Kuus had placed eighth and ninth overall in his previous two giant slalom races before slipping to 30th on Friday.
* Three other Panthers finished between 30th and 45th in the women's race, as freshman Alli Price (Rutland, Vt.) finished 30th, senior Charlotte Lemgart (Vaerloese, Denmark) was 34th, and junior Amelia Rowland (Carrabassett Valley,Maine) came in 45th.
* The next three Panther men after Kuus finished between 40th and 50th -- senior Kyle Farrow (Collingwood, Ont.) was 40th, junior Bryce Eller (Mammoth Lakes, Calif.) finished 45th, and freshman Logan Martin (Edwards, Colo.) was 50th.
* The University of Vermont captured the men's team title over runner-up Middlebury College and third-place Dartmouth, while Dartmouth outscored UVM and third-place Middlebury in the women's team standings.
* The Dartmouth Carnival continues on Saturday at the Skiway with men's and women's slalom races.
-- 30 --