Stuercke, Price, Lemgart post top finishes for Panthers
LYME, N.H. – Junior Hunter Stuercke (Cottonwood Heights, Utah), freshman Alli Price (Rutland, Vt.) and senior Charlotte Lemgart (Vaerloese, Denmark) posted the top finishes for the Plymouth State University alpine ski teams Saturday in the slalom portion of the Dartmouth College Winter Carnival at the Dartmouth Skiway.
Stuercke finished in 22nd place among nearly 80 skiers in the men's slalom, leading the Panthers to 11th place out of 13 schools in the team standings. It's the second time this season that Stuercke has been PSU's top finisher, following the season-opening giant slalom race at the Saint Lawrence Carnival.
Price and Lemgart crossed the finish line in 27th and 28th place in the women's race, respectively, leading the Panthers to a ninth-place finish in the women's team standings. Price was the top finisher for the PSU women for the second time this season (like Stuercke, following the season-opening GS race at Saint Lawrence), while Lemgart is the only racer on either the Panther men's or women's team to complete both runs in all eight alpine races this season.
Eastern Intercollegiate Ski Association (EISA) Slalom
Dartmouth College Carnival, Dartmouth Skiway, Lyme, N.H. – Saturday, Feb. 11, 2017
Plymouth State Men – 11th of 13 Teams; Plymouth State Women – 9th of 13 Teams
MEN'S 1) UVM 133 2) MID 117 3) SMC 88 4) UNH 77 5) DAR 68 6) CBC 65 7) SLU 64 8) CSC 51 9) BC 49 10) WIL 36 11) PSU 30 12) BAT 23
WOMEN'S 1) UVM 127 2) DAR 115 3) CBC 92 4) MID 77 5) BAT 75 6) SMC 73 7) UNH 70 8) WIL 51 9) PSU 49 10) SLU 15 11) CSC 13
* Joining Stuercke with a solid finish in the men's slalom was freshman Logan Martin (Edwards, Colo.), who placed 36th.
* Following Price and Lemgart for PSU in the women's race was junior Amelia Rowland (Carrabassett Valley,Maine), who came in 43rd.
* It was another rough day in the slalom for PSU's top two skiers, sophomore Freydis Einarsdottir (Gardabaer, Iceland) and freshman Karl Kuus (Toronto, Ont.), who were a DQ and a DNF in last week's slalom. Einarsdottir was an DNF in the first run Saturday and Kuus suffered the same fate in the second run.
* The University of Vermont captured both the men's and women's team titles, outscoring runner-up Middlebury College in the men's scoring and Dartmouth College in the women's game.
* The EISA circuit moves south to Middlebury, Vt. next weekend, Feb. 17-18, for the Middlebury Carnival at the Middlebury Snow Bowl (giant slalom on Friday, slalom on Saturday).
-- 30 --