Farrow leads Panthers in men's race
MIDDLEBURY, Vt. – Senior Kyle Farrow (Collingwood, Ont.) posted his best slalom finish of the season Friday, leading the Plymouth State University alpine ski teams in the slalom portion of the Middlebury College Winter Carnival at the Middlebury Snow Bowl.
Farrow finished in 29th place out of nearly 80 skiers to lead the Panthers in the men's race. He helped lead the Panther men to a ninth place finish among 13 schools in the team standings.
The Panther women, competing without their top two skiers, did not have one student-athlete complete two runs and finished 13th out of 13 schools in the team standings.
Eastern Intercollegiate Ski Association (EISA) Slalom
Middlebury College Carnival, Middlebury Snow Bowl, Middlebury, Vt. – Friday, Feb. 17, 2017
Plymouth State Men – 9th of 13 Teams; Plymouth State Women – 13th of 13 Teams
MEN'S 1) MID 120 2) UVM 119 3) DAR 116 4) UNH 84 5) SMC 78 6) WIL 68 7) CSC 53 8) CBC 51 9) PSU 35 10) BC 31 11) BAT 27 12) SLU 25
WOMEN'S 1) UVM 132 2) DAR 117 3) UNH 92 4) MID 81 5) WIL 72 6) SMC 69 7) CBC 61 8) BAT 51 9) CSC 49 10) SLU 40 11) BC 20 12) HAR 17
* Juniors Danny Blake (Orchard Park, N.Y.) and Hunter Stuercke (Cottonwood Heights, Utah) had solid performances for the Panther men, helping in the team scoring. Blake finished in 38th place and Stuercke came in 43rd.
* Junior Amelia Rowland (Carrabassett Valley,Maine) suffered a DNF in the women's race, and PSU's other five women did not qualify for a second run.
* PSU's top two women's racers, sophomore Freydis Einarsdottir (Gardabaer, Iceland) and senior Charlotte Lemgart (Vaerloese, Denmark), did not compete because they are in Switzerland skiing in the FIS World Championships.
* Host Middlebury captured the men's team title with a one-point victory over runner-up University of Vermont and four points better than Dartmouth College. UVM won the women's title easily over runner-up Dartmouth and third-place University of New Hampshire.
* The Middlebury Carnival continues on Saturday at the Snow Bowl with men's and women's giant slalom races.
-- 30 --