Price, Kuus post top finishes for Panthers
MIDDLEBURY, Vt. – Freshmen Alli Price (Rutland, Vt.) and Karl Kuus (Toronto, Ont.) posted the top finishes for the Plymouth State University alpine ski teams Saturday in the giant slalom portion of the Middlebury College Winter Carnival at the Middlebury Snow Bowl.
Price crossed the finish line with a season-best 20th place among the nearly 80 skiers to lead the Panthers in the women's race. She helped the Panthers to an 11th place finish among 13 schools in the women's team standings.
Kuus finished in 22nd place out of nearly 80 skiers to lead the Panthers in the men's race. He helped lead the Panther men to an 11th place finish among 13 schools in the team standings.
Eastern Intercollegiate Ski Association (EISA) Giant Slalom
Middlebury College Carnival, Middlebury Snow Bowl, Middlebury, Vt. – Saturday, Feb. 18, 2017
Plymouth State Men – 11th of 13 Teams; Plymouth State Women – 11th of 13 Teams
MEN'S 1) DAR 135 2) MID 108 3) UVM 107 4) CSC 73 5) SLU 70 6) SMC 57 7) CBC 55 8) WIL 54 9) UNH 53 10) BC 52 11) PSU 35 12) BAT 8 13) HAR 5
WOMEN'S 1) DAR 123 2) UVM 110 2) MID 110 4) UNH 92 5) CBC 71 6) SMC 69 7) BAT 62 8) SLU 45 9) CSC 30 10) WIL 24 11) PSU 23 12) HAR 17 13) BC 13
* After Kuus, PSU had three men's skiers finish both runs, placing in the 50s. Junior Hunter Stuercke (Cottonwood Heights, Utah) came across in 50th, freshman Logan Martin (Edwards, Colo.) finished in 52nd, and senior Kyle Farrow (Collingwood, Ont.) was 53rd.
* Junior Amelia Rowland (Carrabassett Valley,Maine) had a good first run for the PSU women but stumbled on her second run and did not finish.
* PSU's top two women's racers, sophomore Freydis Einarsdottir (Gardabaer, Iceland) and senior Charlotte Lemgart (Vaerloese, Denmark), did not compete because they are in Switzerland skiing in the FIS World Championships.
* Dartmouth College had a good day on the slopes, capturing the team titles in both genders. Host Middlebury edged the University of Vermont for second place in the men's scoring, while Middlebury and UVM tied for second in the women's standings.
* The EISA circuit heads to Sunday River in Maine next weekend, Feb. 24-25, for the Bates College Carnival, which doubles at the EISA Championships.
-- 30 --