Kuus finishes 21st for Panthers
STOWE, Vt. – Junior Karl Kuus (Toronto, Ont.) posted a 21st place finish while competing in the giant slalom at the National Collegiate Skiing Championship at Stowe Mountain Resort on Thursday morning.
Competing for a national championship for the third straight year, Kuus sat in 16th following his first run, exactly one second off the pace. He added a strong second run as well, finishing 21st among the 34 competitors.
National Collegiate Skiing Championship (Men's GS) – 13th of 15 Teams
How it Happened:
* Wearing bib 31, Kuus cruised to a 57.57 first run to sit in 16th place, while the leader after the first run, Dartmouth College's Tanguy Nef, posted an initial run of 56.57 seconds.
* Kuus recorded a second run time of 1:01.94 that was the 24th fastest of the group. His combined 1:59.51 left him in 21st place.
* Nef was also the fastest among the second runs, crossing the line in 59.53 seconds for a combined 1:56.10 to win the national championship.
* This is Kuus' third straight year competing on the national stage. He placed 17th in the giant slalom last winter after finishing 30th as a freshman.
* Kuus will enjoy an off-day on Friday, before heading back to the slopes for the slalom on Saturday (Mar. 9).
– 30 –