Kuus unable to complete first run
STOWE, Vt. – Junior Karl Kuus (Toronto, Ont.) wrapped up the collegiate race season while competing in the slalom at the National Collegiate Skiing Championship at Stowe Mountain Resort on Saturday morning.
Kuus was off to a good start, but caught an edge in the upper part of the course and was unable to complete his first run.
National Collegiate Skiing Championship (Men's SL) – 21st of 24 Teams
How it Happened:
* Kuus got out to a strong start, but in the upper portion he caught an edge and veered off course.
* He recovered to get back on track, skiing through another 15 gates before pulling off course.
* Kuus is just the second skier in program history to qualify for the National Collegiate Skiing Championships three times, joining senior Freydis Einarsdottir (Gardabaer, Iceland).
* Kuus was the Panthers' top finisher in nine of 11 carnival races this season, including four top-ten finishes.
* Kuus has finished in the top 25 in half of his six national championship races. He placed 11th in the slalom in 2017, 17th in the giant slalom last winter, and 21st in the GS two days ago.
* The race marks the end of Kuus' collegiate competition for the season.
– 30 –