Watson, Metzger lead Panthers
NEWRY, Maine – Sophomore Hunter Watson (Ottawa, Ontario) notched an eighth-place finish, while freshman Camryn Metzger (Thornbury, Ontario) took 14th to lead the Plymouth State University alpine ski teams in the giant slalom at Sunday River Resort to wrap up the Bates Carnival on Saturday.
Watson put forth his best finish of the season to pace a trio of men in the top-25. Metzger was the top female finisher for the fifth time in eight races as the women finished tenth.
Bates Carnival (Men's GS) – T-4th of 13 Teams
Bates Carnival (Women's GS) – 10th of 13 Teams
Team Champions (Men):
- Dartmouth swept the weekend after taking the top spot with 126 points. Middlebury (120) and UNH (96) made up the rest of the top three.
- Plymouth State totaled 77 points to finish in a dead heat with Bates in fourth.
Team Champions (Women):
- Dartmouth made it four-for-four while leading the women's teams for the second straight day after accumulating 122 points. UNH (108) and UVM (94) took second and third.
- Plymouth state totaled 51 points to finish just one point in back of Boston College.
How it Happened (Men):
- Watson posted a 1:05.48 in his first run and 1:11.16 in run two for a combined 2:16.64 for his eighth-place finish.
- Junior Cooper Yates (Richmond, British Columbia) took 16th in 2:17.30, while senior Karl Kuus (Toronto, Ontario) ended up 22nd in 2:18.01.
- Junior Ander Gonzalez (Pamplona, Spain) was PSU's fourth finisher after completing both runs in 2:20.15 to finish 36th.
How it Happened (Women):
- Metzger sat in 13th following her first run of 1:07.24 and she posted the 16th-fastest second run (1:14.62) for a combined 2:21.86 to take 14th.
- Freshman Lili Flachbart (Hamilton, Mass.) finished 31st in 2:28.21, while classmate Zoe Simpson (Portland, Ore.) took 35th with a time of 2:29.28.
- Freshman Carmela Olmo (Lleida, Spain) was PSU's fourth point-scorer after taking 43rd in 2:34.36.
- PSU makes the trip to Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort for the Williams Carnival next weekend.
– 30 –