Watson, Yates, Metzger lead Panthers again; all three among top-20
HANCOCK, Mass. – For the second straight day, sophomore Hunter Watson (Ottawa, Ontario), junior Cooper Yates (Richmond, British Columbia) and freshman Camryn Metzger (Thornbury, Ontario) paced the Plymouth State University alpine ski teams as the Panthers wrapped up the Williams Carnival at Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort with the slalom races on Saturday.
Watson notched a 13th-place finish to lead the pack, while Yates took 16th for the men. Metzger continued her impressive debut season with a 19th-place finish for the women.
Williams Carnival (Men's SL) – 5th of 13 Teams
Williams Carnival (Women's SL) – 13th of 13 Teams
Team Champions (Men):
- Middlebury took the top spot with 128 points to finish just ahead of UVM (124). Dartmouth took third with 104 points.
- Plymouth State earned 71 points for a solid fifth-place finish.
Team Champions (Women):
- Dartmouth swept the weekend for the women after scoring 115 points. UNH (105) settled for second for the second straight day, while Middlebury (101) took third.
- PSU finished 13th with 23 points but was just four points behind 11th-place Boston College.
How it Happened (Men):
- Watson had a great weekend as the top finisher for the Panthers both days. His time of 1:36.92 was just 0.46 seconds shy of a top-10 mark.
- Yates wasn't far behind after finishing in 1:37.09 for 16th, while freshman Liam McKim (Franconia, N.H.) took 29th with a time of 1:39.24.
- Junior Ander Gonzalez (Pamplona, Spain) also completed both runs to earn a 33rd-place showing in 1:41.56.
How it Happened (Women):
- Metzger extended her strong season after leading the women for the seventh time in ten races. She posted a solid 50.08 in her first run and added a 51.19 in run two for a combined 1:41.27 to finish 19th.
- She was the lone female to complete two full runs.
- The teams close out the EISA carnival season with the NCAA East Regional/EISA Championships at the Middlebury Carnival next weekend.
– 30 –