Roy and Brazeau-Lalonde score goals for Panthers
RYE, N.Y. – Eight different players found the back of the net Friday evening as the Manhattanville College women's ice hockey team defeated Plymouth State University, 9-2, in New England Hockey Conference action at Playland Ice Casino.
Manhattanville improves its record to 4-1 both overall and in the NEHC, while Plymouth State falls to 1-4-1 overall, 1-3-0 in the NEHC.
at Playland Ice Arena, Rye, N.Y. – Friday, Nov. 18, 2016
Manhattanville 9, Plymouth State 2
Records: PSU 1-4-1 (1-3-0 NEHC); MC 4-1-0 (4-1-0 NEHC)
* The Valiants finished with a 30-25 advantage in shots on goal. PSU had a 9-7 shot advantage in the second period and each team fired off 10 shots in the third period.
* Manhattanville went 3-for-5 on the power play while PSU managed just one goal on seven power play opportunities.
* The Valiants pounced on the Panthers early, scoring just 31 seconds into the game and doubled their lead 54 seconds later. Roy put PSU on the scoreboard with a power play goal from senior Haley Branovan (Canandaigua, N.Y.) and junior Taylor Jackson (Saint Albans, Vt.), but the Valiants added two more goals in the opening period to take a 4-1 lead into the first intermission.
* It was all Manhattanville the next 33 minutes as the Valiants tacked on four more goals before Braqeau-Lalonde put home a one-timer in the slot midway through the third period, assisted by freshman Julie Nagel (Canton, Mass.), to make it 8-2 in favor of the home squad.
* PSU continues a weekend road trip with an NEHC game Saturday at Salve Regina University, beginning at 2:00 p.m. at Howard Rink (St. George's) in Middletown, R.I. Manhattanville hosts New England College Saturday at 3:00 p.m.
(With contributions from Manhattanville Sports Information)
-- 30 --