Trupp and Lindqvist combine for 58 saves for Panthers
PLYMOUTH, N.H. – Freshman Amanda Conger (Swanton, VT) tallied two goals Tuesday evening as Saint Anselm College skated past Plymouth State University, 6-2, in a New England Hockey Conference game at Hanaway Rink.
Seniors Alex Starzyk (Enfield, Conn), sophomore Maura Kieft (Littleton, CO) and Alison Butler (Danvers, Mass) each added a goal and an assist for the Hawks in the victory. Saint Anselm wins its fourth consecutive game improving their overall record to 7-1-0 (6-1-0 NEHC), meanwhile the Panthers loss drops them to 2-5-1(2-4-0 NEHC).
at Hanaway Rink, Plymouth, N.H. – Tuesday, Nov. 22, 2016
Saint Anselm 6, Plymouth State 2
PSU 2-5-1 (2-4-0 NEHC); STA 7-1-0 (6-1-0)
- The scoring began on an early power play goal by Saint Anselm when senior Martha Findley (Duxbury, Mass) scored in the first minute. The Hawks picked up another quick goal by Starzyk after a nice center pass from junior Ashley Moran (Woburn, Mass).
- The Panthers notched their first goal on their first shot when Courtney Evans (Fairbanks, Alaska) rocketed one from the point at 4:44.
- Saint Anselm scored three goals in the second period in a span of less than two minutes. The first was a power play goal for Butler who tipped it in from the front of the net. The second was a rebound by Conger off of her own blocked shot. The third and final goal of the period was snapped from the slot inside the left post by Kieft.
- The Panthers opened the scoring in the third period when senior Haley Branovan (Canandaigua, N.Y.) took a shot from the point maneuvering it through traffic to pick up the Panthers lone power play goal.
- Conger would pick up her second goal in the last minute of the period off of a nice pass from Kieft
- Sophomore goalie Maddie Scavotto (East Falmouth, Mass.) earned the victory improving her perfect record to 5-0-0 picking up five saves
- Branovan and junior Shannon Hickey (Arlington, Mass.) each had two points Branovan with a goal and an assist, Hickey with two assists.
* PSU hosts Neumann, Friday, Dec. 2, 6:00 p.m. (Non-conference game)
* Holy Cross at Saint Anselm, Friday, Dec. 2, 4:00 p.m. (NEHC game)
(By Weston Atwood, PSU Sports Information)
-- 30 --