Linnick gets first two goals as a Panther
PLYMOUTH, N.H. – Freshman Lauren Vanstone (Havertown, Pa.) collected her first career goal that turned out to be the game winner for Neumann University as they defeated the Plymouth State University, 3-2, in women's hockey action at Hanaway Rink.
The Knights received two more goals from junior Bek Lucas (Feasterville, Pa.) and sophomore Mollie Johnson (Phoenixville, Pa.) in the victory. Neumann splits the non-conference doubleheader with the Panthers improving their overall record to 4-7-0, while the Panthers' loss drops them to 3-6-1
PSU freshman Sydney Linnick (Highland's Ranch, Colo.) picked up her first and second career goals in the third period as the Panthers mounted a comeback attempt.
Hanaway Rink, Plymouth, N.H. – Saturday, Dec. 3, 2016
Plymouth State 2, Neumann 3
Plymouth State 3-6-1 (2-4-0 NEHC); Neumann 4-7-0 (2-4-0 ECAC West)
* The first goal for the Knights was a shot from Lucas that found the net at 7:31 of the first period after a nice pass to the right circle from junior Kate Blad (Marshall, Mich.).
* The second goal for Neumann came on a power play opportunity when Johnson wristed one from the right circle that just squeaked through the legs of the Panther goalie at 8:44 of the second period.
* Neumann went up 3-0 when Vanstone notched her first career goal at 12:03 of the second period. Vanstone was able to sneak one past sophomore Emelie Lindqvist (Gullerasen, Sweden) during a big scrum in front of the net.
* Linnick picked up her first career goal as a Panther on a power play opportunity at 6:45 in the third period with a great slap shot from the slot.
* Linnick's second goal of the game came with 2:59 left to play when a hard slap shot from near the blue line couldn't be reined in by freshman goalie Helen Cooney (Doylestown, Pa.).
* Plymouth State outshot the visitors 48-28 for the game, including 21-6 in the third period comeback attempt.
* Cooney stopped 46 shots for the Knights notching her first career victory (1-0-0).
* Lindqvist turned away 25 Neumann shots but fell to 1-5-1 on the season.
* PSU hosts Post University in a Teddy Bear Toss game on Sat., Dec. 10 at 2:00 p.m.
* Neumann is finished for the first semester, and will host Post University on Fri., Jan. 2, at 4:00 p.m.
-- 30 --