Wilder, Sullivan pace Panthers to conference road victory
DARTMOUTH, Mass. – Senior Kaitlyn Wilder (Framingham, Mass.) and junior Sam Sullivan (Canton, Mass.) combined for 11 points Saturday afternoon to lead Plymouth State University to a 15-5 Little East Conference victory over the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth in the first LEC game of the season at Cressy Field.
Wilder scored a season-high five goals and added an assist while Sullivan recorded three goals and two assists in the win. Junior Megan Tingley (Natick, Mass.) added a goal and three assists and sophomore Kimmie Zuccaro (Townsend, Mass.) scored three times as the Panthers won their third straight game to improve to 3-2 overall (1-0 LEC).
Sullivan scored three goals in the first 14 minutes to help the Panthers to a 5-1 advantage midway through the first half. PSU extended the lead to 9-2 by halftime and outscored the Corsairs 6-3 in the second half. UMD is now 5-5 overall (0-1 LEC).
- Date: Saturday, April 8, 2017
- Location: Dartmouth, Mass. (Cressy Field)
- Score: Plymouth State 15, UMass Dartmouth 5
- Records: Plymouth State (3-2, 1-0 LEC); UMass Dartmouth (5-5, 0-1 LEC)
* The Corsairs were led by Erin Kish, who scored a team-high two goals and caused a team-best four turnovers. Gabby Giangrande chipped in with a goal and an assist.
* PSU had the edge in draw controls, with Tingley grabbing five and Zuccaro four for PSU and Kathryn Gibb collecting four for UMD.
* Senior netminder Meg Brault (South Windsor, Conn.) allowed just four goals in 55 minutes while making nine saves to earn the win (3-2).
* PSU is on the road again on Thursday, visiting Salem State University for a non-conference affair (4:00 p.m.) UMD is home again on Tuesday, hosting Worcester State University in non-conference action (7 p.m.)
-- 30 --