Jarvis, McClure post wins for shorthanded Panthers
NORTHFIELD, Vt. – Freshmen Will Jarvis (Point Pleasant Beach, N.J.) and Cam McClure (Hudson, N.H.) posted wins, but Plymouth State University fell to Norwich University, 48-9, in a wrestling dual meet at Andrews Hall on Wednesday night.
The shorthanded Panthers were forced to forfeit four bouts, but Jarvis was impressive at 125 pounds, and McClure was able to outlast his opponent at 149 pounds.
Plymouth State drops to 0-2, while the Cadets improve to 1-3.
Plymouth State 9, Norwich 48
Plymouth State 0-2
How it Happened:
* Jarvis got things off to a good start for the Panthers, making quick work of freshman Dylan Marone. Jarvis earned a win by fall in just 36 seconds to give PSU a quick 6-0 lead.
* Norwich moved in front, 12-6, after PSU forfeits at 133 and 141 pounds.
* McClure was able to outlast freshman Tyler Barker by a 19-13 decision in the first sudden victory period to pull the Panthers to within 12-9.
* Norwich took control from there, earning four pins and two forfeits to pick up the victory.
Inside the Numbers:
* Jarvis picked up his second pin of the year, tied for the second most on the team, to move to 4-5 on the year.
* McClure evened his record at 2-2.
Straight from the Coach's Mouth:
"We had an uphill battle from the start," said head coach Eric Bergeron, "but I feel like everyone went out and went to war. Cam [McClure] had a battle and got a great overtime win."
* The Panthers close out the fall semester with a tri-meet on Saturday (Dec. 8). PSU faces Southern Maine at 1:00 p.m. and closes out the day against host Rhode Island College at 3:00 p.m.
– 30 –