Plymouth State Wrestling reveals 2019-20 schedule
PLYMOUTH, N.H. – The Plymouth State University wrestling team has released its complete schedule for the 2019-20 season. The Panthers are set for six dual meets and eight tournaments leading up to the NCAA Division III Northeast Regional Championships in late February. Plymouth State opens the season at home with a tri-meet against Southern Maine and Rhode Island College on Saturday, Nov. 2.
Leading the Charge:
- Eric Bergeron begins his second season at the helm for the Panthers. PSU battled injury and a challenging schedule last winter, leaving Bergeron looking for his first dual meet win this season. Under his guidance, Plymouth State had nine tournament placers last year and Bergeron has added 18 new faces to the roster for the upcoming season.
- Saturday, Nov. 2 vs. Southern Maine and Rhode Island College
- Saturday, Nov. 9 at New England College
- Saturday, Feb. 1 at Bridgewater State with Williams
- Wednesday, Feb. 5 at Norwich
- Friday, Nov. 15 – Saturday, Nov. 16 at Roger Williams Invitational
- Saturday, Nov. 23 at Doug Parker Invitational at Springfield
- Saturday, Dec. 7 at Ted Reese Invitational at Southern Maine
- Saturday, Jan. 4 at Williams Open
- Saturday, Jan. 11 at home for Jim Aguiar Invitational
- Sunday, Jan. 19 at NEWA Dual Championships (TBD)
- Sunday, Jan. 26 at Wildcat Open at Johnson & Wales
- Saturday, Feb. 15 at Henry Marsh Invitational at UNH
- Saturday, Feb. 22 – Sunday, Feb. 23 at NCAA Division III Northeast Regional Championship at TBD
- Plymouth State had at least one wrestler place at each tournament last winter, highlighted by junior Dylan da Silva (Bayville, N.J.). Wrestling at 184 pounds, da Silva placed five times, including the individual title at both the Scott Viera and Jim Aguiar Invitational, while also being named Most Outstanding Wrestler at the Jim Aguiar.
– 30 –