Panthers to host Norwich on Wednesday
BRIDGEWATER, Mass. – The Plymouth State University wresting team came out on the short end of a pair of dual meets against Williams College and Bridgewater State University at Kelly Gymnasium on Saturday evening.
PSU opened the day with a 34-12 setback against Williams, the ninth-ranked dual meet team in New England, before falling to the host Bears by a 41-10 margin.
Plymouth State falls to 0-9 on the season. Williams, which also topped BSU in the day's middle meet, moves to 9-5 and Bridgewater State ends the day 4-6.
Plymouth State 12, Williams 34
Plymouth State 10, Bridgewater State 41
Williams 22, Bridgewater State 21
Plymouth State (0-9)
Bridgewater State (4-6)
How it Happened (Williams):
- After a forfeit at 125, freshman Nahuel Rodriguez (Mamaroneck, N.Y.) picked up a 7-2 decision at 133 points to pull the Panthers to within 6-3.
- Classmate Noah Giffard (Concord, N.H.) held off his opponent for a 2-1 decision at 197 pounds, and senior Colby Ferretti (North Scituate, R.I.) added a win by forfeit at 157 pounds.
How it Happened (Bridgewater State):
- Freshman Angelo Folino (New Hartford, Conn.) earned a win by fall in 1:47 at 141 pounds to cut into an early 9-0 deficit.
- Classmate Trevor O'Mara (Litchfield, N.H.) followed up with a major decision victory (14-6) at 149 pounds to put the Panthers ahead, 10-9.
- The hosts ripped off six straight wins, including a pair of forfeits, to take control of the meet.
Straight From the Coach's Mouth:
"It was a tough but productive day," said head coach Eric Bergeron. "I am happy with the progress we are making as a program. We are a young team that continues to work hard and improve."
- The Panthers return home to host Norwich for a dual meet on Wednesday (Feb. 5) at Foley Gymnasium. The first bout begins at 6:00 p.m.
– 30 –