Siewierski, Meier score as Parsons records shutout
DUDLEY, Mass. – Sophomores Taylor Siewierski (Colebrook, N.H.) and Jordan Meier (Holderness, N.H.) each scored, while junior Jenna Parsons (Windham, N.H.) picked up her second shutout of the season as Plymouth State University blanked Nichols College, 2-0, in a non-conference women's soccer game at Vendetti Field on Wednesday afternoon.
Siewierski put the Panthers ahead with a well-place free kick in the second half and Meier added an insurance tally to account for the scoring. Parsons was solid in net making three saves to post her second shutout of the season.
Plymouth State snaps a two-game skid to improve to 7-8-0, while Nichols drops its fourth straight contest to fall to 10-7-0.
Plymouth State 2, Nichols 0
Plymouth State (7-8-0)
How it Happened:
- Siewierski put the Panthers in the lead in the 53rd minute when she wrapped a free kick from 22 yards out around the wall and into the top left corner.
- Nichols had a chance to even the score in the 70th minute but freshman Taylor Patitucci (South Windsor, Conn.) had her shot blocked by a PSU defender.
- Plymouth State doubled its lead in the 76th minute when junior Mallory Lloyd (Hartland, Vt.) sent a corner from the left side into the box and Meier volleyed it to the top right corner.
Inside the Numbers:
- Parsons finished with three saves to improve to 2-2-0. She owns both of the Panthers' shutouts this fall.
- With her assist, Lloyd now has a team-high eight on the year. Her 30 points are also a team-high.
- Meier picked up her sixth goal of the fall, while Siewierski's tally was her second of the season.
- Sophomore Olivia Marcantonio (North Smithfield, R.I.) made six stops for the Bison, but suffer the loss to drop to 10-7-0.
- The Panthers host Castleton University for a key Little East Conference contest during Senior Day on Saturday (Oct. 26). Kickoff is set for 12:30 p.m.
– 30 –