Harrington leads Panthers in season debut
NORTH DARTMOUTH, Mass. – The Plymouth State University women's swimming and diving season opened the 2016-17 season Saturday with some solid performances at the Louise Goodrum Invitational hosted by the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth.
The Panthers were led by freshman Molly Harrington (Tewksbury, Mass.), who was impressive with a first and third place finish. Junior Addie Schumaker (Haymarket, Va.) also had a strong meet for PSU, placing in the top seven in three events.
The meet was a non-team scoring affair that included eight Division III schools from around New England.
Louise Goodrum Inv., at UMass Dartmouth, North Dartmouth, Mass. – Saturday, Nov. 5, 2016
No Team Scoring
Bridgewater State University, Eastern Connecticut State University, Husson University, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, Plymouth State University, Rhode Island College, University of Saint Joseph (Conn.), Westfield State University.
* The Panthers were led by freshman Molly Harrington (Tewksbury, Mass.), who was impressive with a first and third place finish. She captured first place among 55 swimmers in the 100-yard freestyle in a time of 59.13 seconds, and she took third among 53 swimmers in the 50 freestyle in 26.71 seconds. She was also 15th in the 50 butterfly in 31.50 seconds.
* Junior Addie Schumaker (Haymarket, Va.) also had a strong meet for PSU, placing fourth overall in the 200-yard freestyle (2:14.02), sixth in the 100-yard breaststroke (1:17.90, and seventh in the 200-yard I.M.
* Sophomore Deanne DeGrazia (Westport, Mass.) represented PSU well, placing fifth right behind Schumaker in the 200 free (2:14.21), and finishing 10th in the 500 free (6:10.82).
* Sophomore Melissa Page (Atkinson, N.H.) brought home a pair of 10th-place finishes in the 100-yard butterfly (1:16.50) and 200-yard backstroke (2:36.04)
* Junior Alexandra Ambrosino (Holden, Mass.) finished in 10th place in the 50 breaststroke (36.07) and 13th in the 50 free (28.72).
* The Panthers will be back in the pool next Friday, Nov. 11, at 4:00 p.m in the home opener against Colby-Sawyer College at the PSU Natatorium in the P.E. Center.
-- 30 --