Wadlinger wins four events to pace Panthers
PLYMOUTH, N.H. – Junior Emily Wadlinger (Lebanon, N.H.) won two individual events and two relays to help lead the Plymouth State University women's swimming and diving team to a 109-90 win over Rhode Island College Saturday afternoon at the PSU Natatorium.
Wadlinger was the fastest swimmer in the 50-yard freestyle (26.18) and 100-yard freestyle (57.43), while teaming up to help win the 200-yard medley relay and 200-yard freestyle relay.
PSU Natatorium, Plymouth, N.H. – Sat., Dec. 3, 2016
Plymouth State 109, Rhode Island 90
Plymouth State 3-1; Rhode Island 0-4
* Junior Alexandra Ambrosino (Holden, Mass.) won the 50-yard breaststroke in 35.55 seconds and placed second in the 100-yard breaststroke (1:18.15).
* Classmate Addie Schumaker (Haymarket, Va.) took the 200-yard freestyle with a time of 2:13.60.
* Wadlinger teamed up with Ambrosino, Schumaker and sophomore Julia West (Wiscasset, Maine) to win the 200-yard medley relay with a time of 2:04.31. The foursome also took first in the 200-yard freestyle relay (1:50.78).
* West also took second in the 50-yard freestyle with a time of 27.14, finishing 1.04 seconds off the pace set by Wadlinger.
* Sophomore Melissa Page (Atkinson, N.H.) touched the wall first in the 100-yard backstroke with a time of 1:13.94, ahead of classmate Mary Simari (Salem, N.H.). Simari (1:16.11) just out-swam RIC's Vanessa Dao, who finished 0:0.12 seconds behind her.
* Simari also took second in the 100-yard butterfly with a time of 1:19.04.
* Freshman Olivia Jean (Dracut, Mass.) finished second behind Wadlinger in the 100-yard freestyle (1:10.75).
* Sophomore Deanne DeGrazia (Westport, Mass.) had second place finishes in the 500-yard freestyle (6:08.07) and 1,000-yard freestyle (12:47.89).
* The Panthers wrap up the fall semester with a home dual meet next Saturday (Dec. 10) at 1:00 p.m.
-- 30 --