Svetin shines, posts three third-place finishes for Panthers
PLYMOUTH, N.H. – Sophomore Madelin Svetin (Topsham, Maine) posted three third place finishes as the Plymouth State University women's swimming & diving team made its season debut at the Louise Goodrum Invitational hosted by UMass Dartmouth at the Tripp Athletic Center on Saturday.
Svetin finished in the top ten in all five of her events, taking third in the 50-yard backstroke, 50-yard butterfly and 100-yard butterfly, while placing ninth in the 100-yard IM and tenth in the 50-yard freestyle.
Louise Goodrum Invitational – No Team Scoring
How it Happened:
- Svetin posted a 30.89 in the 50-back and touched the wall in 1:07.74 in the 100-fly. She just outreached a Corsairs' swimmer by 0.01 to take third in the 50-fly in 30.09.
- Allaire picked up right where she left off a year ago, claiming the top spot at both 1-meter and 3-meter diving. She narrowly held off Alexa Wilson of Bridgewater State on the 1-meter board by 0.40 after scoring 205.95, but secured a sound victory with 227.70 on the 3-meter board to win by over 65 points.
- Wilson placed fourth in the 500-free with a time of 6:05.54, while earning sixth in the 100-breast in 1:21.30. She added an eighth place finish in the 100-back after a time of 1:11.75.
- Freshman MacKenzie Brady (Rochester, N.H.) had a nice collegiate debut in the 100-back after claiming sixth in 1:11.04 and finishing in the same spot in the grueling 1650-free in 20:29.81.
- Freshmen Jessica McGregor (New Boston, N.H.) and Sophie Holt (Sylvania, Ohio) also posted top-ten finishes for the Panthers. McGregor swam a 27.74 to place seventh in the 50-free, while Holt took ninth in the 200-free with a time of 2:18.11.
- Plymouth State took fifth in the 200-yard medley relay, with the foursome of Brady, Wilson, Svetin and McGregor teaming up for a 2:06.19.
- Holt, McGregor, junior Sylvie Donnell (Warren, N.H.) and Svetin joined forces to finish seventh in the 200-yard free relay with a time of 1:56.23.
Straight From the Coach's Mouth:
"We had some great results today," said head coach Anne Barbeau. "We are ahead of where we were last year, so this is all good."
- Plymouth State heads to Colby-Sawyer for a dual meet on Friday (Nov. 8) starting at 4:00 p.m.
– 30 –