Svetin, Wilson combine to win five events
SMITHFIELD, R.I. – Sophomore Madelin Svetin (Topsham, Maine) won three events, while classmate Ellie Wilson (Darnestown, Md.) won twice as Plymouth State University topped Rhode Island College, 164-70, at the Chace Athletic Center Pool at Bryant University on Saturday.
Svetin posted the top time in the 100-yard backstroke, 50-yard butterfly and 100-yard butterfly, while Wilson was the top finisher in the 200-yard freestyle and 100-yard IM.
Plymouth State runs its record to 4-1, while RIC drops to 0-3.
Plymouth State 164, RIC 70
Plymouth State (4-1)
How it Happened:
- Svetin posted a time of 1:04.53 to win the 100-yard backstroke, while posting a 30.45 in the 50-yard butterfly and 1:08.86 in the 100-yard butterfly.
- Wilson touched the wall in the 200-yard freestyle in 2:20.41, and won the 100-yard IM in 1:14.43.
- Freshman Sophia Holt (Sylvania, Ohio) was the top finisher in the 50-yard backstroke in 35:47, while sophomore Julia Hollinger (Bow, N.H.) outswam the field in the 50-yard breaststroke in 39.78.
- Freshman MacKenzie Brady (Rochester, N.H.) won the 50-yard freestyle with a time of 29.65, while classmate Jessica McGregor (New Boston, N.H.) topped the field in the 100-yard backstroke in 1:22.29.
- Svetin, Wilson, McGregor and senior Casey Allaire (Mattapoisett, Mass.) teamed up to win the 200-yard medley relay in 2:10.11.
- Sophomore Liz O'Sullivan (Bow, N.H.), junior Sylvie Donnell (Warren, N.H.), Brady and McGregor teamed up to take second in the 200-yard freestyle relay with a time of 2:05.12.
Straight From the Coach's Mouth:
"Today was a good day at the pool," said head coach Anne Barbeau. "Now it's time for a little rest before we get back at it in January."
- Plymouth State is back in the water on Jan. 4 for the Al Switzer Alumni Meet at the PSU Natatorium.
– 30 –