Turell, Wilson, Brady all three-time winners for Panthers
PLYMOUTH, N.H. – Junior Cammie Turell (Bowie, Md.), sophomore Ellie Wilson (Darnestown, Md.) and freshman MacKenzie Brady (Rochester, N.H.) were all three-time winners as the Plymouth State University women's swimming and diving team soared past Maine Maritime Academy, 128-103, in the Panthers' final home dual meet of the year at the PSU Natatorium on Friday afternoon.
Plymouth State posted the top time in 11-out-of-12 individual events and won the 200-yard medley relay in an overpowering performance. Sophomore Madelin Svetin (Topsham, Maine) also won twice for the Panthers.
PSU improves to 6-2 in dual meets and will wrap up the regular season tomorrow (Jan. 25) at UMass Dartmouth, while Maine Maritime moves to 0-6 and will head to Colby-Sawyer for another dual meet tomorrow.
Plymouth State 128, Maine Maritime 103
Plymouth State (6-2)
Maine Maritime (0-6)
How it Happened:
- Turell continued her recent success, topping the field in the 100-yard butterfly (1:08.21), 100-yard freestyle (1:03.68) and 50-yard butterfly (28.45), while Wilson was the first to touch the wall in the wall in the 400-yard IM (5:24.63), 50-yard breaststroke (37.37) and 100-yard backstroke (1:11.87).
- Brady finished first in the 200-yard freestyle (2:18.96) and posted season-best times to win the 50-yard freestyle (28.40) and 200-yard IM (2:35.66).
- Svetin posted a season-best time while swimming an exhibition in the 200-yard backstroke (2:19.11) and took first in the 50-yard backstroke (32.57) and 500-yard freestyle (6:19.48).
- Sophomores Julia Hollinger (Bow, N.H.), Liz O'Sullivan (Bow, N.H.) and Gabby Rowe (Harpswell, Maine) each added a pair of season-best performances.
- Brady, freshman Jessica McGregor (New Boston, N.H.), Turell and junior Sylvie Donnell (Warren, N.H.) teamed up to win the 200-yard medley relay in 2:09.12.
- The quartet of Svetin, Donnell, Wilson and McGregor joined forces to post the top time in the 200-yard freestyle relay after finishing in 1:58.57.
- Plymouth State is right back in action tomorrow (Jan. 25) in a dual meet at UMass Dartmouth.
– 30 –