Wheeler, Sundquist, Hada/Miller all win flights
SALEM, Mass. – The Plymouth State University women's tennis team finished first at the Salem State University Invitational at the Salem State Tennis Courts on Saturday.
Senior Megan Wheeler (Manchester, N.H.) and sophomore Jenna Sundquist (Monument Beach, Mass.) each won their respective flights, while freshmen Brie Hada (Alton, N.H.) and Julie Miller (Woburn, Mass.) joined forces to win flight six.
The Panthers earned nine points to claim victory over the hosts and Wentworth Institute of Technology.
Salem State Invitational – First of three teams
How it Happened:
* Sophomore Sage Winter (New Castle, N.H.) went 1-1 in flight one to finish second.
* Wheeler won both of her matches in flight two to earn the top spot.
* Sophomore Emily Hill (New Hartford, Conn.) split her two matches in flight three to earn a second place finish.
* Sundquist won knocked off both of her opponents by 8-3 scores to win flight four.
* Hada and Miller also joined forces, earning a pair of victories to win flight six.
Straight from the Coach's Mouth:
"We started out with wet courts today and began play an hour-and-a-half later than planned," said head coach Barbara Rawlsky-Willett, "but we ended up with a beautiful day and everyone played well. Sage played an outstanding match against Wentworth in the first flight to win 8-5."
* The tournament was the Panthers' only scheduled spring competition.
– 30 –