Plymouth State Women's Tennis releases 2019 schedule
PLYMOUTH, N.H. – The Plymouth State University women's tennis team has announced its complete schedule for the 2019 season. The Panthers kick off a 14-match schedule, which includes a nine-game Little East Conference (LEC) slate, on Wednesday, Sept. 4.
Leading the Charge:
- Head coach Barbara Rawlsky-Willett starts her 16th season leading the Panthers. Under her guidance, PSU has captured three LEC Tournament titles and two regular season crowns. Last fall she led the Panthers to 12 wins, second-most in program history, while matching a program-best with eight LEC victories.
- Wednesday, Sept. 4 at Franklin Pierce – Season opener
- Saturday, Sept. 7 vs. Bridgewater State – Home / LEC opener
- Tuesday, Oct. 8 at Rhode Island College – LEC Tournament championship rematch
- Saturday, Oct. 12 vs. Worcester State – Fall season finale
- Seven home matches at the Holderness School Tennis Courts
- Seven road matches
- LEC Tournament – Oct. 15, 17 & 19
- PSU went 11-2 overall last fall, the second most wins in program history, and posted an 8-1 record in the LEC to claim the second seed for the LEC Tournament. The Panthers held off Salem State, 5-4, to advance to the championship match where they fell to top-seeded Rhode Island College.
- RIC went a perfect 9-0 in league play to grab the regular season title, then earned a second straight conference championship with its win over PSU in the finals of the LEC Tournament.
- The winner of the six-team LEC Tournament will earn the conference's automatic berth to the NCAA Tournament.
– 30 –