Baillargeon, Goulette lead Panthers against strong field
HANOVER, N.H. – There were some strong performances by the Plymouth State University women's track & field team Saturday at the Dartmouth College Indoor Classic at Leverone Field House.
Sophomore Selena Baillargeon (Saranac Lake, N.Y.) and junior Rileigh Goulette (Saint Albans, Vt.) were the top performers with school -record efforts for the Panthers, Baillargeon in the shot put and Goulette in the 1000 meters. Sophomore Nora Robichaud (Hampstead, N.H.) and Ashley Bergeron (Berlin, N.H.) also improved on their respective school records in the 400 meter dash and 3000 meters, respectively.
The non-scoring event featured many school across all three divisions, including Dartmouth, the Universities of Vermont and Maine, Bentley University, Assumption College, Williams College, and others.
NCAA Women's Track & Field
Dartmouth Indoor Classic, at Leverone Field House, Hanover, N.H. – Saturday, Feb. 4, 2017
Team Scores: No Team Scoring
* Baillargeon finished in 10th place in her specialty, the shot put, exceeding her own school record with a mark of 11.87 meters (38'11.5"). Her mark was second among Division III competitors in the meet, and ranks second in the Little East Conference this season.
* Goulette finished in 14th place out of 29 entries, and sixth among Division III runners, in the 1000 meters in a school-record time of 3:15.97, lowering her own mark. Goulette ranks ninth in the Little East Conference in the 1000, as well as 16th in the 800 meters.
* Robichaud ran the 400 meters in 1:05.43, lowering her own school record for the second straight week. Her performance ranks 25th in the Little East this winter.
* Bergeron ran the 3000 meters in a school record time of 11:41.78, lowering the mark of 11:43.90 by Lora Giguere a year ago. Bergeron's time is ranked 25th in the Little East Conference this season.
* PSU also posted a season-best time in the 4x200 meter relay, with the team of sophomores Amanda Bomely (MIddlwtown, Conn.) and Allbanie Anderson (Somersworth, N.H.), freshman Gabrielle Robins (Plymouth, N.H.) and sophomore Diana Perez (Cranston, R.I.) finishing with a time of 1:55.94.
* The Panthers are set to compete in the Little East Conference Championships and the New England Alliance Championships next Saturday, Feb. 11, at the University of Southern Maine in Gorham, beginning at 11:00 a.m.
-- 30 --