Greineder resets her own 200m dash record
MIDDLEBURY, Vt. – Sophomore Claire Greineder (East Greenwich, R.I.) reset her own school record in the 200 meter dash to lead the Plymouth State University women's indoor track and field team to a fourth place finish at the Middlebury Winter Classic on Saturday.
Greineder had established the record in the Panthers' most recent meet on Dec. 7, but shaved 0.02 seconds off her time to finish third in the event.
Plymouth State accumulated 97 points to finish fourth among six teams and third among NCAA Division III schools. D-II Franklin Pierce topped the team scores with 143, while Middlebury was the top-scoring D-III school with 135.
Middlebury Winter Classic – 4th of Six Teams
How it Happened:
- Greineder crossed the line in 27.04 to take third in the 200 meter dash, just ahead of sophomore Emily Geyselaers' (Cornwall Bridge, Conn.) time of 27.18.
- Geyselaers also took third in the long jump, clearing 4.72 meters, and fourth in the triple jump with a leap of 9.68 meters.
- Freshman Jessica Bradley (Portland, Ore.) was just behind Geyselaers in the triple jump to take fifth after covering 9.47 meters.
- Sophomore Kim Bowles (Wonalancet, N.H.) and senior Eve Bagley (Holliston, Mass.) finished second and third in the mile run. Bowles crossed the line in 5:51.54, with Bagley posting a time of 5:53.00.
- Sophomore Mia DeMarco (Merrimack, N.H.) and freshman Abby Hurley (Northborough, Mass.) finished four-five in the 800 meter run, with DeMarco posting a time of 2:46.23 and Hurley finishing in 2:50.06.
- Sophomore Paige Boudreau (Dayton, Maine) took third in the weight throw (13.05 meters), and fifth in the shot put (10.85 meters).
- The Panthers' 4x400 meter relay team finished fourth as Greineder teamed with freshman Zoe Boyer (South Berwick, Maine) and seniors Caitlyn Miller (Lee, N.H.) and Rebecca Khimatian (Cumberland, R.I.) to finish in 4:27.04.
- PSU heads to Smith College for the Mary Grinaker Invitational next Saturday (Jan. 18).
– 30 –