Panthers post two top-ten finishes in opening meet
BOSTON, Mass. – The Plymouth State University women's track & field team opened the 2016-17 indoor season Saturday at the fifth annual University of Massachusetts-Boston Indoor Open at the Reggie Lewis Center.
The event was a non-scoring, qualifying meet featuring more than 20 teams for all three NCAA divisions.
Reggie Lewis Center, Boston, Mass. – Saturday, Dec. 3, 2016
No Team Scoring
* Baillargeon launched an indoor personal best 11.58 meter shot put on her fourth and final throw to surpass three competitors and land in sixth place in the first of her two throw events. For her effort, Baillargeon will earn entry into the New England Division III Championship in February.
* Baillargeon also debuted in the weight throw, finishing 15th out of 32 competitors.
* In the long jump, Perez shook off an early foot foul before using her last attempt to set a new indoor personal best of 4.93 meters.
* Perez took that momentum into the 60 meter dash, where she posted a team-high finish and personal best time of 8.61 seconds.
* Other notable Panther performances included sophomore Amanda Bomely (Middletown, Conn.) reaching a career-best mark in the 200 meter dash (29.19), freshman Samantha Dow (Saco, Maine) finishing in the top half of the 60 meter high hurdles and sophomore Nora Robichaud (Derry, N.H.) shaving two seconds off her time in the 400 meter dash compared to this meet last year.
* Plymouth State hosts the PSU Winter Classic on Friday, Dec. 9 (1:00 p.m.) at the George Davis Track. The meet will include PSU, Colby-Sawyer College, Franklin Pierce University and Keene State College.
-- 30 --