Goulette, Bagley, and Robichaid post record times for Panthers
MEDFORD, Mass. – The Plymouth State University women's track & field team turned in some strong performances Saturday at the annual Tufts Stampede held at the Gantcher Center, a non-scoring meet featuring several dozen schools.
Sophomores Rileigh Goulette (Saint Albans, Vt.) and Nora Robichaud (Hampstead, N.H.) and freshman Eve Bagley (Holliston, Mass.) led the Panthers, each posting school-record times that rank among the top 20 times in the Little East Conference this season. Goulette set her school mark in the 1000 meters while Robichaud was strong in the 400 meters and Bagley in the 600 meters.
NCAA Division III Women's Track & Field
Tufts Stampede, at The Gantcher Center, Medford, Mass. – Saturday, Jan. 28, 2017
Team Scores: No Team Scoring
* Goulette finished in 10th place in the 1000 in a school-record time of 3:21.01, the fifth-fastest time in the Little East this season. She broke her own school record of 3:22.09, set last season.
* Bagley placed 15th in the 600 in a school-record time of 1:48.93, her first collegiate attempt at that distance and the 15th fastest time in the Little East Conference this season.. The previous record of 2:03.00 was set by Julia Ribeiro last season.
* Robichaud's time of 1:05.80 in the 400 meters was good for 21st place, and lowered her own season mark of 1:06.08 set last winter. Her mark is the 20th fastest time by a Little East Conference runner this season.
* PSU also set a school record in the 4x400 meter relay, with the team of Bagley, freshman Rebecca Khimatian (Cumberland, R.I.), Goulette and Robichaud finishing runner-up in the race with a time of 4:26.10. They bettered the school record set last season of 4:40.32.
* Sophomore Diana Perez (Cranston, R.I.) turned in the top Panther performance in field events, placing seventh in the long jump with a leap of 4.72 meters (15'6").
* The Panthers return to the track next Saturday, Feb. 4, at the Dartmouth College Indoor Classic, beginning at 10:00 a.m. in Hanover, N.H.
-- 30 --