Wojtas earns All-Tournament Team honors
WALTHAM, Mass. – The Plymouth State University women's volleyball team fell to 0-3 after losing to Johnson & Wales in straight sets during day two of the Brandeis Invitational Tournament. Senior Brianna Wojtas (Salem, N.H.) was selected to the All-Tournament Team for her performance over the weekend.
Brandeis Invitational, Waltham, Mass. – Saturday, Sept. 3, 2016
PSU 0, Johnson & Wales 3 23-25, 12-25, 11-25
PSU 0-3; Johnson & Wales 3-0.
The first set was nip-and-tuck, with Johnson & Wales building a 13-9 lead before a pair of kills from seniors Dani Tabor (Seattle, Wash.) and Kayla Wyland (Melrose, Mass.) knotted the score at 13-13. JWU used a 5-1 run to reclaim a four point lead but PSU battled back to within 23-24 before a Wildcats' kill closed out the opening set. JWU jumped out to large early leads in the second and third sets to clinch the match and improve to 3-0 at the tournament.
Wojtas was Plymouth State's representative on the All-Tournament Team. The middle blocker finished the weekend with 19 kills (.288 attack pct.), to go along with eight digs, four blocks and three aces.
* Tabor … team-high 11 kills, .391 attack pct., two blocks
* Sophomore Alisha Flanagan (Milton, N.H.) … six kills, six digs
* Wyland … six kills
* Junior Claire Sporer (Medford, Ore.) … five kills
* Junior setter Megan Bailey (Canterbury, N.H.) … double-double (26 assists, team-high 10 digs)
* Junior Brenna Peruch (Cave Creek, Az.) … eight digs
* Senior Rachel Morrissey (Salem, N.H.) … eight digs
Plymouth State vs. Framingham State, Tuesday, Sept. 6, Foley Gymnasium, 6:00 p.m. (Home opener)
-- 30 –