Plymouth State Volleyball releases 2019 schedule
PLYMOUTH, N.H. – The Plymouth State University women's volleyball team has announced its complete schedule for the 2019 season. The Panthers kick off the 34-game schedule, which includes an eight-match Little East Conference (LEC) slate, on Friday, Sept. 2.
Leading the Charge:
- Head coach Joan Forge begins her second season patrolling the sidelines for the Panthers. She led the team to a thrilling five-set win in the season finale a year ago to clinch a spot in the LEC Tournament for a 23rd consecutive year.
- Friday, Aug. 30 vs. St. Michael's at Best Western Plus-Ground Round Cardinal Classic hosted by SUNY Plattsburgh – Season opener
- Friday, Sept. 6 vs. Elmira – Home opener
- Saturday, Sept. 28 vs. UMass Dartmouth – LEC opener / Lace Up for Pediatric Cancer
- Saturday, Oct. 12 vs. Rhode Island College – Pink Game
- Wednesday, Oct. 16 vs. Keene State – Rivalry game
- Saturday, Oct. 26 vs. Castleton – Senior Day
- Tuesday, Oct. 29 at Middlebury
Strength of Schedule:
- Middlebury College, which finished last season ranked tenth in the New England region, represents PSU's lone ranked opponent from last fall.
- 15 home games
- Ten road games
- Nine neutral site games
- Best Western Plus-Ground Round Cardinal Classic at SUNY Plattsburgh – Aug. 30 & 31
- Granite State Challenge at Plymouth State and Keene State – Sept. 6 & 7
- LEC Tournament – Nov. 5, 7 & 9
- PSU finished 3-5 in the LEC last season and earned the sixth seed for the LEC Tournament. The Panthers were knocked out in straight sets by third-seeded Keene State.
- Eastern Connecticut and UMass Boston shared the regular season title with identical 7-1 conference records, but the Warriors cruised through the LEC Tournament to claim the championship.
- The winner of the six-team LEC Tournament will earn the conference's automatic berth to the NCAA Tournament.
– 30 –