Ingram leads Panthers with 10th-place finish
KEENE, N.H. – The Plymouth State University women's cross country team used a balanced team effort again Saturday morning to place third out of seven schools at the Keene State College Invitational women's cross country race.
Leading the way for Plymouth State was freshman Molly Ingram (Wolfeboro, N.H.), who placed 10th overall among the 73 runners. She covered the 5K course in 20 minutes, 10 seconds. PSU had a balanced finish, with the next four runners coming in between 17th and 21st.
Keene State College Invitational, Keene, N.H. – Saturday, Oct. 1, 2016
Plymouth State – team score of 73 (3rd place of 7 teams)
Top 5 teams:
Keene State 23; Colby-Sawyer 45, Plymouth State 73, Southern Vermont 115; Fitchburg State 128
* Other scorers for PSU included junior Rileigh Goulette (Saint Albans, Vt.), 17th in 20:38; sophomores Ashley Bergeron (Berlin, N.H.), 19th in 20:46, and Haley Dennis (Coventry, R.I.), 20th in 20:52; and freshman Eve Bagley (Holliston, Mass.), 21st in 20:58.
* PSU set school records for records for 1-5 spread (:48) and 1-7 spread (1:02)
* Senior captain Sarah Uhlman (Ashland, N.H.) returned from injury to run two seconds off personal best and finish as PSU's seventh runner.
* Eight Panther women ran career PRs: sophomore Danielle Ahern (Chelmsford, Mass.), Bagley, sophomore Jess Conant (Canton, Maine), senior Meaghan Doherty (Charlestown, Mass.), Goulette, freshman Carolynne Maki (Barre, Mass.), sophomore Isabella Mongillo (Hamden, Conn.), and Uhlman.
* PSU's top runner, freshman Dayshia Randall (Troy, N.Y.), sat out with a minor injury.
PSU at James Earley Invitational, Westfield State (Mass.), Saturday, Oct. 8, 11:00 a.m.
-- 30 --