Bowles leads the way as Panthers set sites on LEC Championship
JAMAICA PLAIN, Mass. – Sophomore Kim Bowles (Wonalancet, N.H.) finished 24th overall to lead the Plymouth State University women's cross country team at the Suffolk Invitational at Franklin Park on Saturday afternoon.
Bowles has been the Panthers' top finisher in each of the five races this fall, completing the 5k course in 20:43.50.
Plymouth State finished 7th out of 21 teams with 249 points. Smith College had four runners in the top 10 to accumulate 40 points for the team title.
Suffolk Invitational (5k) – Plymouth State 7th of 21 Teams
How it Happened:
- Bowles continued her strong sophomore campaign, posting a 24th place finish for the second consecutive race.
- Sophomore Mia DeMarco (Merrimack, N.H.) also had a strong showing after a 32nd place finish in 20:58.50, while senior Eve Bagley (Holliston, Mass.) posted a 21:21.60 to take 44th.
- Freshman Abby Hurley (Northborough, Mass.) finished in 22:03.50, while classmate Hailey Botelho (Rumney, N.H.) was the Panthers' final point scorer with a time of 23:32.20.
Inside the Numbers:
- Freshman Rebecca Williams (Penacook, N.H.) was the final PSU competitor with a time of 27:22.00.
- Eastern Connecticut was the only other LEC school to compete, finishing fourth with 153 points.
- PSU will take a week off before heading to UMass Dartmouth for the Little East Conference championships on Nov. 2.
– 30 –