Turell, Allaire win twice for Panthers
NEW LONDON, N.H. – Junior Cammie Turell (Bowie, Md.) and senior Casey Allaire (Mattapoisett, Mass.) each won twice, but Plymouth State University came up just short in a women's swimming and diving dual meet at Colby-Sawyer College, falling by a 147-123 margin at Knight Natatorium on Friday evening.
Turell took first in the 50-yard freestyle and 50-yard butterfly, while Allaire swept the diving events for the second straight meet. Sophomores Ellie Wilson (Darnestown, Md.) and Madelin Svetin (Topsham, Maine) and freshman MacKenzie Brady (Rochester, N.H.) also won individual events for the Panthers, who were competing in their first dual meet of the season.
Plymouth State falls to 0-1 on the season, while the Chargers improve to 2-4.
Plymouth State 123, Colby-Sawyer 147
Plymouth State (0-1)
How it Happened:
- Wilson was the Panthers' first winner after holding off a CSC swimmer to capture the 50-yard breaststroke after touching the wall in 36.28.
- Turell was the top finisher in the 50-yard free with a time of 25.97, and also paced the field in the 50-yard fly after posting a time of 28.37.
- Brady posted a 5:57.45 to lead the competition in the 500-yard freestyle, while Svetin topped the field in the 100-yard backstroke in 1:07.08.
- Allaire scored 212.90 on the 1-meter board, and followed with a score of 215.70 on the 3-meter board to sweep the diving events.
- Svetin, Wilson, Turell and freshman Jessica McGregor (New Boston, N.H.) teamed up to take second in the 200-yard medley relay with a time of 2:04.55.
- Freshman Sophia Holt (Sylvania, Ohio) joined forces with Brady, McGregor and Turell in the 200-yard freestyle relay to finish second in 1:57.76.
- PSU is off until a week from Saturday (Nov. 16) when the Panthers travel to Eastern Connecticut for a double-dual meet with the Warriors and Western New England University starting at 1:00 p.m.
– 30 –