Geyselaers, Miller set school records in triple jump, 3000m
PLYMOUTH, N.H. – Sophomore Emily Geyselaers (Cornwall Bridge, Conn.) and junior Caitlyn Miller (Lee, N.H.) each set new school records as the Plymouth State University women's indoor track & field team competed at the Panther Invitational at the George Davis '63 Track in Bank of New Hampshire Field House on Saturday.
Geyselaers won the 200m dash and set a new standard in the triple jump, while Miller added a third individual school record to her impressive debut season.
Plymouth State 73.5 points to finish fourth, trailing just NCAA Division II schools SNHU and Franklin Pierce, as well as Bridgewater State.
Prior to the meet Plymouth State honored its senior class in a brief Senior Day ceremony.
Panther Invitational – 4th of 14 Teams
How it Happened:
- Miller was at it again, establishing yet another school record in impressive fashion as she topped the previous mark in the 3000m run by more than 13 seconds. Her time of 11:00.59 was good enough for second. Junior Leanne Burgess (Bradford, Vt.) ran a season-best 11:26.57 to finish fifth.
- Geyselaers won the 200m dash in 27.09 and tied for third in the long jump with a leap of 4.89 meters, but her best performance came in the triple jump where she finished second (first among DIII competition) with a school record distance of 10.35 meters.
- Freshman Jade Gizzi (Tewksbury, Mass.) qualified for the finals of the 60m dash with an 8.47 in the preliminaries. She ran the exact same time in the finals to take seventh.
- Freshmen Jessica Bradley (Portland, Ore.) and Brigid Hodsden (Bellows Falls, Vt.) both qualified for the finals of the 60m hurdles. Bradley finished second in 9.86, while Hodsden took eighth with a time of 10.58.
- Hodsden added a fifth-place finish in the pole vault after clearing 2.50 meters, while Bradley posted the third-best distance among DIII competitors in the long jump after covering 4.77 meters.
- Sophomore Paige Boudreau (Dayton, Maine) paced the throwers with a fifth place showing in the weight throw (13.09 meters) and a sixth-place finish in the shot put (10.42 meters).
- Senior Eve Bagley (Holliston, Mass.) earned a ninth-place finish in the 800m run with her time of 2:34.61.
- PSU's 4x200m relay team of freshman Emily Claflin (Pembroke, Mass.), Bradley, Gizzi and Bagley were the top DIII team by more than five seconds after finishing in 1:53.66.
- PSU honored seniors Eve Bagley (Holliston, Mass.), Rebecca Khimatian (Cumberland, R.I.), Erika Lillis (Merrimack, N.H.) and Caitlyn Miller (Lee, N.H.) as part of the Senior Day ceremonies.
- PSU heads to Boston University for the David Hemery Valentine Invitational next weekend.
|Plymouth State indoor track & field seniors with their families and coaches|
– 30 –