Panthers compete against region's best
MIDDLEBURY, Vt. – Sophomore Emily Geyselaers (Cornwall Bridge, Conn.) competed in three events to lead a contingent of eight members of the Plymouth State University women's indoor track & field team during day two of the NCAA Division III New England Regional Championship at Middlebury College on Saturday.
Geyselaers appeared in the 200-meter dash, long jump and triple jump, while senior Eve Bagley (Holliston, Mass.) competed in the 800-meter run and ran the opening leg of the 4x800-meter relay.
Plymouth State did not accrue any points over the weekend. Williams College led the team rankings with 159 points.
NCAA Division III New England Regional Championship – No Team Score (Final)
How it Happened:
- Geyselaers finished 16th in the 200-meter dash in 26.63 and added a 25th-place finish in the long jump after clearing 4.91 meters. She also took 29th in the triple jump after a leap of 10.25 meters.
- Sophomore Claire Greineder (East Greenwich, R.I.) posted the best finish for the Panthers after crossing the line 13th in the 400-meter dash in 1:00.46.
- Classmate Paige Boudreau (Dayton, Maine) reached 10.51 meters in the shot put to place 20th, while freshman Jessica Bradley (Portland, Ore.) finished 20th in the preliminaries of the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 9.75 seconds.
- Bagley ended up 32nd in the 800-meter run in 2:35.53, while she, sophomores Kim Bowles (Wonalancet, N.H.) and Mia DeMarco (Merrimack, N.H.) and junior Caitlyn Miller (Lee, N.H.) teamed up for an 11th-place finish in the 4x800-meter relay in 10:18.55.
- The meet marked the end of the careers of Bagley, Miller, Rebecca Khimatian (Cumberland, R.I.), Erika Lillis (Merrimack, N.H.)
– 30 –